It is summer time and you know what that means: beautiful, beachy waves. Especially living right off the beach in Fort Lauderdale, this look is so in! Beachy waves are really popular right now, as imagining of being on the beach takes hold of us. In this post, I am going to show you how to get the perfect beach waves that will make it appear as if you just took a dip in the ocean.
- You can either do this on day-old hair or freshly washed hair. Just make sure your hair is dry and brushed out so that there are no tangles or knots.
- Using 1” sections of your hair, take a 1” curling iron and alternate between curling your hair towards and away from your face. Leave about 2” of hair off the curling iron at the bottom to give it that “fresh from the beach” look. Spray each section with hairspray after curling to make sure those curls stay intact!
- Once you get towards the top of your head, tease just slightly at the roots for some extra volume.
- After you have finished curling, let your hair cool for about 5 minutes. Once it’s finished cooling, go through your hair with your fingers and adjust the volume for whatever you are comfortable with. Brushing with your fingers will give your hair a more natural look, as if you just came from the beach.
- Once you are happy, give it a final look over with some hairspray and you are done!
Want an extra tip to get great beach waves? Salt spray! Apply after washing your hair while it’s still damp or after curling your hair. It will not only give your hair great hold and texture, but also a lot of volume. This is perfect for that boho-beach wave look.